The review procedure takes place in every article that came to the editorial board, with the exception of reviews on scientific (popular science) works and informational messages.
Editorial board of the Bulletin of T.H. Shevchenko National University “Chernihiv Colehium” defined the following order of reviewing manuscripts:
- The author submits to the editorial board an article that meets the requirements of the policy of the scientific journal and rules for the preparation of articles. Manuscripts that do not meet the requirements are not registered and are not allowed for further consideration, which the editorial board notifies the authors of.
- Each article submitted to the editorial board undergoes three levels of review on the research profile: open – external and internal, and “blind”. The recommendation of an external (open) reviewer, which can not be the scientific leader of the author / applicant of a scientific degree, serves as the basis for further internal and “blind” review of the manuscript.
- Conducts a review and assigns reviewers the responsible editor of the scientific journal Bulletin of T.H. Shevchenko National University “Chernihiv Colehium”. By decision of the editor-in-chief of the journal (under certain circumstances) the appointment of reviewers may be entrusted to a member of the editorial board. In some cases, the issue of the choice of reviewers is decided at a meeting of the editorial board. By the decision of the editor-in-chief of the journal (according to the recommendation of the responsible editor), certain articles from well-known scientists, as well as authors specially invited by the editors to write an article, may be exempted from the standard review procedure.
- Reviewers of manuscripts may be members of the editorial board of the scientific journal Bulletin of T.H. Shevchenko National University “Chernihiv Colehium”, as well as third-party highly skilled specialists with profound professional knowledge and experience in specific professional fields (usually doctors of sciences, professors).
- Internal review is carried out within seven days after the manuscript is registered in the editorial office. In case of receiving a positive response from the internal reviewer, a copy of the manuscript is directed on the profile of scientific research on the “blind” review by leading experts in the area of the issues of the article. After obtaining the consent of the scientist who make “blind” review, the possibility of reviewing the materials (based on the correspondence of his own qualifications to the direction of study of the author and the absence of any conflict of interest), the conduct of his scientific expertise of the article takes place, as a rule, within 21 days. The review periods may vary in each individual case, taking into account the creation of conditions for the most objective evaluation of the quality of the materials provided.
- The interaction between the author and reviewers is carried out by correspondence via e-mail with the editor-in-chief of the Journal. At the request of the reviewer and with the agreement of the working group of the editorial board, the interaction between the author and the reviewer can take place in the mode of direct personal contact (such a decision is made only if the openness of the interaction will improve the style and logic of the presentation of the research material).
- If the reviewer indicates the need to make certain corrections in the article – the article is sent to the author with the suggestion to take into account the comments when preparing an updated version of the article or to argue them to refute them. By the revised article, the author adds a message containing answers to all comments and explains all the changes made in the article. The corrected version is repeatedly submitted to the reviewer for the decision and preparation of the motivated conclusion about the possibility of publication. The date of the recommendation of the article for publication is the date of receipt by the editorial board of a positive opinion of the reviewer (or the decision of the editorial board) regarding the expediency and possibility of publishing the article.
- The author of the manuscript in case of disagreement with the opinion of the reviewer has the right to provide an argumentated response to the editorial staff of the magazine. In such circumstances, the article is considered at a meeting of the editorial board. The editorial board may send the article for additional or new review to another specialist. The editorial board reserves the right to reject the article in case of insolvency or unwillingness of the author to take into account the recommendations and comments of the reviewers.
- After obtaining positive reviews the manuscript is sent to literary and technical editing. The interaction between the author and the literary (technical) editor can take place in any form – in person, via e-mail, Skype or phone. Minor corrections of a stylistic or a formal nature that do not affect the content of the article, are submitted by a literary (technical) editor without the consent of the author.
- The final decision on the possibility and relevance of publication is made by the editor-in-chief according to the recommendations of the responsible secretary of the Journal. After deciding on the admission of an article to publication, the responsible secretary of the Journal shall inform the author of this and indicate the expected publication period.
- The recommendation for the publication of every issue of the Bulletin (with the indication of content) is carried out by the Academic Council of the T.H. Shevchenko National University “Chernihiv Colehium” and recorded in the relevant protocol.